- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with some of the terms we used, then read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to SunSpec Alliance so please take the time to get to know our practices – and contact us if you have any questions.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like which ads you’ll find most useful or the people who matter most to you online.
We collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us. For example, our services require you to sign up for a SunSpec Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, or telephone number. If you want to take full advantage of the sharing features we offer, we might also ask you to create a publicly visible SunSpec Profile which may include your name and photo.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you make a particular search query. This information includes:
We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number).
When you use our services or view content provided by SunSpec, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- telephony log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls.
- Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your SunSpec Account.
Unique application numbers
Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to SunSpec when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
Cookies and anonymous identifiers
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect SunSpec and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant report query results. We may use the name you provide for your SunSpec Profile across all of the services we offer that require a SunSpec Account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your SunSpec Account so that you are represented consistently across all our services. If other users already have your email, or other information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible SunSpec Profile information, such as your name and photo.
When you contact SunSpec, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
- Review and control certain types of information tied to your SunSpec Account by using your SunSpec user profile.
- Use our editor to see and adjust how your SunSpec Profile appears to particular individuals.
- Control who you share information with.
- Take information out of our services.
Information you share
Our services let you share information with others. These services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
We assume that any information you share (including plant production data) is either your exclusive property or that you have obtained the required permissions allowing you to use it. We make no claim of ownership in the data we collect from you. You are free to remove your data at any time using tools we provide to you for this purpose.
Your data is only viewed and accessed by you, those you explicitly authorize within the SunSpec service, including SunSpec Alliance system administrators responsible for maintaining the system. The list of those individuals you have authorized is visible to you from within the SunSpec service; you may revoke authorization or make new authorizations via an interface to the SunSpec service.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of SunSpec unless one of the following circumstances apply:
If your SunSpec Account is managed for you by a domain administrator then your domain administrator who provide user support to your organization will have access to your SunSpec Account information (including your email and other data). Your domain administrator may be able to:
- view statistics regarding your account.
- change your account password.
- suspend or terminate your account access.
- access or retain information stored as part of your account.
- receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of SunSpec if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of SunSpec, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We work hard to protect SunSpec and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using TLS.
- We offer you two step verification when you access your SunSpec Account.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to SunSpec Alliance employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.