The SunSpec Certified program is designed to instill buyer confidence in SunSpec member product solutions by establishing objective criteria for verifying the compliance of communication interfaces to SunSpec specifications. This program has been in operation since 2012 and 25 companies have been awarded certification. Benefits include:
- Rigorous testing of product interface to SunSpec Alliance standards
- In-depth interoperability testing with other SunSpec Certified solutions
- Right to display SunSpec Certified mark on products
- Right to use of SunSpec Alliance logo in marketing materials
- Product listing in SunSpec Certified catalog
- Inclusion in the bidding process for system builders specifying SunSpec compatibility
SunSpec Certification is offered free of charge to full Contributing Members of the SunSpec Alliance. Join SunSpec to secure this important benefit. SunSpec Alliance Members participating at lower levels pay a certification fee. Contact SunSpec Member Services for more information.
Equipment manufacturers and software developers seeking to have their products SunSpec Certified™ without joining the SunSpec Alliance can enroll in the SunSpec Certified Partner Program. Contact SunSpec Certification Services for more information.
SunSpec Certification Process
To certify a device, follow this simple Certification Checklist. Contact SunSpec Certification Services if you have any questions or issues along the way.
- Download the relevant SunSpec Specifications and implement your device’s communication interface accordingly.
- Use the SunSpec Device Web Probe for a quick conformance check of your device from any web-attached workstation.
- Use the SunSpec Dashboard to check your device implementation and to produce a PICS template. This will give you a high degree of confidence that your device will successfully certify. PICS stands for Protocol Implementation Conformance Statement. It is your device’s statement of conformance; it states such things as which optional features your device supports, valid data ranges for some numeric parameters, etc. The SunSpec Dashboard conformance test suite produces a PICS template, with most of the necessary information populated. Some additional steps must be taken manually; they are outlined in the instructions tab of the PICS itself.
- Submit your device PICS using the SunSpec Certification Submittal form to SunSpec for product certification.
- SunSpec Certification Services will acknowledge the receipt of your submission within two business days, and respond within seven business days with the results of your certification test.
- If your device passes, we will issue a SunSpec Certified Branding Kit, and add your device to the SunSpec Certified Products Catalog. If not, we will outline the necessary corrective action.