SunSpec Open Solar Data Exchange (SunSpec oSDX) is an open, royalty-free data exchange system for participants in the distributed solar PV industry. Comprised of information models, a standard data taxonomy, a standard Application Program Interface (API’s), and supporting compliance test suites, SunSpec oSDX enables the free flow of data between information systems used in the solar asset lifecycle.
A key component of the U.S. Department of Energy Sunshot Initiative Orange ButtonSM, SunSpec oSDX leverages the idea that commercial enterprises in the solar industry are required, by market forces, to share data with each other in order to achieve operational efficiency and financial gain. See the Orange Button press release here.
The three primary goals of SunSpec oSDX are: a) identify the information needed for financing solar energy systems, b) define data interchange standards that reduce transactional friction and system integration expense, and c) and enable transfer of standardized solar data sets between business partners and related parties.
SunSpec oSDX provides ready-to-use standards for wide industry adoption, reduces
solar soft costs to grow the market, and accelerates low cost development of interoperable solutions. The system leverages mature, widely adopted, and royalty-free standards with broad applicability across the solar project lifecycle to provide significant benefits to all stakeholders.
- Enable free flow of data between commercial software products that address the solar asset lifecycle
- Reduce project soft costs to facilitate solar market growth and access to capital
- Accelerate development of interoperable solutions at low costs
- Develop and publish an open data taxonomy and interchange standards
- Develop and deploy an open compliance test suite
- Drive industry adoption of the open data interchange standards
- Project Operations – Chaired by Geoff Klise (Lead Researcher, Sandia National Laboratory) and Dr. Cliff Hansen (Technical Lead, Sandia National Laboratory)
- Mondays @ 9:00 am PT
- Mondays @ 10:30 am PT
- Mondays @ 1:00 pm PT, every other week
- Tuesdays @ 10:00 am PT, every other week
- Tuesdays @ 11:30 am PT, every other week
JOIN THE PROGRAM:
To participate in this program as a contributor or a reviewer, click the link below!