Orange ButtonSM is an open data interchange standard for the Distributed Energy (solar PV plus storage) industry. Comprised of information models, a standard taxonomy, a standard Application Program Interface (API), and supporting compliance test suites, Orange Button enables the free flow of data between information systems used in the solar asset lifecycle. Orange Button 1.0 has been released to the public.
Orange Button 1.0 Components
- Orange Button 1.0 solar finance taxonomy (browsable – account required) or ZIP file.
- Orange Button 1.0 Taxonomy Guide
- Orange Button API Specification and Orange Button XBRL API description
Orange Button 1.0 was based on these market and product requirements:
- Orange Button Finance Market Requirements (produced by SEPA)
- Orange Button Operations & Maintenance (produced by SEPA)
- Orange Button “Deployment” Market Requirements (produced by SEPA)
- Orange Button Initiative Product Requirements v1.1 (produced by SunSpec)
The Orange Button Initiative is funded by the U.S. Department of Energy. Click here to learn more.
Orange Button Implementer’s Network Resources
- Three-part Orange Button training videos
- Access to the Orange Button Slack Channel
- Materials from the Orange Button Developer’s Conference
- Additional Orange Button API Documentation
- XBRL Application Programming Interface Version 1
- xBRL CSV Overview
- xBRL-CSV: mapping from Open Information Model 1.0
- xBRL-JSON: mapping from Open Information Model 1.0
- xBRL-XML: XML Mappings for the Open Information Model 1.0
- Orange Button Units Registry 1.0
- Orange Button Example Schema (Inverter Cut Sheet)