Orange ButtonSM is an open data interchange standard for the residential, commercial/industrial, and utility-scale Distributed Energy Resource (solar PV plus storage) industry. Comprised of information models, a standard taxonomy, a standard Application Program Interface (API), and supporting compliance test suites, Orange Button enables the free flow of data between information systems used in the solar asset lifecycle. Orange Button 1.0 was released on April 19, 2018 at the Orange Button Developers Conference.
Orange Button Components
- A solar finance taxonomy, base on the XBRL taxonomy standard, with data elements, element descriptions, and information models.
- A set of API’s (XBRL and OpenAPI) supporting JSON and XML encoding.
- Example code that illustrates how to use the API’s.
- Documentation describing how to use the data elements, models, and API’s.
- Orange Button Taxonomy (available via Yeti taxonomy browser)
- Orange Button API Specification
- Orange Button API Documentation
- XBRL Application Programming Interface Version 1
- xBRL CSV Overview
- xBRL-CSV: mapping from Open Information Model 1.0
- xBRL-JSON: mapping from Open Information Model 1.0
- xBRL-XML: XML Mappings for the Open Information Model 1.0
- Orange Button Units Registry 1.0
- Orange Button Example Schema (Inverter Cut Sheet)
- Three-part training videos and supporting documentation