Orange ButtonSM is an open finance data interchange standard for the retail, commercial/industrial, and utility-scale solar industry. Comprised of information models, a standard taxonomy, a standard Application Program Interface (API), and supporting compliance test suites, Orange Button enables the free flow of data between information systems used in the solar asset lifecycle.
Orange Button Components
- A set of Product Requirements Documents (PRD’S) that identifies target use cases, data elements, data models, and supporting API’s.
- An solar finance taxonomy, base on the XBRL taxonomy standard, with data elements, element descriptions, and information models.
- An OpenAPI-based API supporting JSON and XML encoding.
- Example code that illustrates how to use the API’s.
- Documentation describing how to use the data elements, models, and API’s.
- Orange Button Taxonomy (available via Yeti taxonomy browser)
- Orange Button API Specification
- Orange Button API Documentation
- XBRL Application Programming Interface Version 1
- xBRL CSV Overview
- xBRL-CSV: mapping from Open Information Model 1.0
- xBRL-JSON: mapping from Open Information Model 1.0
- xBRL-XML: XML Mappings for the Open Information Model 1.0
- Orange Button Units Registry 1.0
- Orange Button Example Schema (Inverter Cut Sheet)
- Three-part training videos and supporting documentation
- The Orange Button Taxonomy review is taking comments until March 9, 2018. You can browse the taxonomy by logging in and clicking the “Orange Button Taxonomy” link in the Resources section. Please send comments to email@example.com.
- The first ever Orange Button Developer’s Conference is scheduled for April 19 in Silicon Valley. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.