SunSpec Cybersecurity Specifications
The mission of the SunSpec / Sandia DER Cybersecurity Work Group is to support the deployment of Distributed Energy Resources (DER) by defining best practices in cybersecurity for DER and driving the concepts that emerge from these best practices into relevant national and international standards. The following documents include the published results of this initiative.
The SunSpec Cybersecurity Specifications package includes:
- SunSpec Test PKI Certificate Application Note
- CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE PROTECTION Actions Needed to Address Significant Cybersecurity Risks Facing the Electric Grid
- Certification Procedures for Data and Communications Security of DER
- Recommendations for Trust and Encryption in DER Interoperability Standards [SAND2019-1490]
- Roadmap for Photovoltaic Cyber Security [SAND2017-13262]