The SunSpec Python Library (pysunspec) provides a Python language interface to devices supporting SunSpec compliant interfaces. The library is used by Python applications to communicate with SunSpec compliant devices.
Anyone creating Python based programs or utilities that interface with SunSpec compliant devices.
The SunSpec Python Library provides:
- Python programmatic interface to all SunSpec compliant devices
- Supports access to all SunSpec Model Definition XML (SMDX) defined models including vendor defined models
- High level Python objects facilitating basic access to SunSpec device information
- Low level access to all SunSpec device and model definition information
- Support for additional SunSpec artifacts such as SMDX and PICS documents
- Released as a standard Python library
The SunSpec Python Library provides the following benefits:
- Ability to leverage full Python environment to interact with SunSpec devices
- Easy to create simple Python utilities for SunSpec support
- Building block for more complex SunSpec tools
- Open source license