Parks Associates’ Smart Energy Summit addresses impact of cloud services and connected devices on energy management solutions
Research and strategy conference will be held February 28-March 1 in Austin, Texas
Parks Associates’ third-annual Smart Energy Summit: Engaging the Consumer, February 28-March 1, 2012, in Austin, Texas, will focus on consumer interest and adoption of current REM (residential energy management) cloud solutions and integration of remote monitoring applications with connected and mobile CE.
The summit features executive presentations and industry analysts, managers, and strategists in panel discussions on the state of the market and the emergent consumer and business opportunities as the market develops and deploys advanced REM solutions.
Parks Associates’ research indicates utilities had installed 23 million AMI-capable meters on U.S. residences at the end of 2010. By the end of 2015, more than 55 million meters will be installed on 45% of U.S. households, with 10% enabled to communicate with systems and devices in the home as well as with a utility’s backend processing system.
“Consumers are interested in ways to reduce energy consumption and maximize efficiency at home. Connected devices, smart grids, and REM technologies offer new opportunities for industry players to meet these needs,” said Tricia Parks, CEO, Parks Associates. “Smart Energy Summit will identify the business opportunities and best strategies in matching consumer interest with specific solutions, including cloud-based services that extend to popular platforms such as tablets and smartphones.”
- Forecasts and current status: smart grid and smart meter deployments, home area network (HAN) solutions, and independent energy management products and services
- Assessment of Smart Energy Profile (SEP) 2.0
- Strategies and tactics to engage consumers
- Privacy and security issues that come with managing consumer data
- Business models driving revenue growth
- Opportunities and business strategies for broadband service providers, security firms, HVAC maintenance contractors, utilities, manufacturers, and installers
- Consumer interest and expectations regarding energy-focused, cloud-based services and other energy management solutions
- Competitive assessments of current industry participants
About Smart Energy Summit
Smart Energy Summit: Engaging the Consumer, hosted by Parks Associates, is the premier conference studying the market for residential energy management and smart grid technologies.
This event features a unique combination of market research, including Parks Associates’ landmark Residential Energy Management service, and real-world expertise, with industry experts examining the impact of smart grids on home systems. The conference deeply examines the business models, consumer value propositions, and the deployment plans of energy utilities, cloud services, home systems and communications service providers. www.smartenergysummit2012.com