SunSpec IEEE 2030.5 Conformance Profiles Work Group
Gordon Lum of Kitu Systems
Tom Tansy of DER Security Corp
Current Work Items (2023)
In 2023, this group is focusing its effort on the following items:
- SAE J3072 V2G Profile
- Published Test version 2, update in development
- IEEE 2030.5 General Test Procedures
- Next meeting being scheduled for March
- Metering Profile
- Published Test version
- Test procedure in development
- IEEE 2030.5-2023 CSIP profile test procedure update
- Start pending release of IEEE 2030.5-2023 and CSIP revision
Previous Topics Covered
In 2021 and 2022, this work group focused its effort on developing profiles for the following use cases:
- Distributed Energy Resources (DER) used in California for interconnection Rule 21 compliance to the Common Smart Inverter Profile (CSIP).
- DER used Australia, Korea, and other countries.
- Electric Vehicle (EV) charging, for vehicle-to-grid and EV-charging-station-to-grid applications
You must be a Contributing Member of the SunSpec Alliance to participate in this Work Group. Members may enroll through the Member Portal under ‘work groups’.
Click here to see if your company is already a member or click here to join the Alliance. If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Work Group meets on Wednesday at 8am PT. Meeting coordinates are provided on the standing calendar invite.
The IEEE 2030.5 Ecosystem Steering Committee developed an “Interoperability Maturity Roadmap” for IEEE 2030.5-2018 standard. This roadmap calls for the development of application profiles that are the focus of this work group. Profiles define a limited set of the features defined in the protocol specification that are needed to fulfill a given use case. The result of the effort is a series of open SunSpec documents that can be used on a royalty-free basis. To be an effective contributor to this effort, participants should be experts in the identified use cases.
Work Group Teamwork Shared Space (must be registered to access, contact email@example.com)
- Work Group Operational Procedures
- Common Smart Inverter Profile version 2.1
- “Interoperability Maturity Roadmap” for IEEE 2030.5-2018 standard
Complete the following form to download the SunSpec 2030.5 Profiles Document package: