oSPARC Service Enhanced
March 30, 2015. San Francisco, CA. The SunSpec Alliance today announced major enhancements to the open Solar Performance and Reliability Clearinghouse (oSPARC) service and an expansion of geographic coverage by the oSPARC database.
The oSPARC database now contains up-to-date measured solar irradiance and plant meta data for all 50 states, plant size and location data for more than 5,000 plants (1.3 GW capacity), and measured performance data for over 3,700 plants (over 900 MW capacity) distributed across 40 U.S. states.
This oSPARC software release also marks a major expansion of the oSPARC service. oSPARC is now receiving solar irradiance data from SolarAnywhere, a service of SunSpec member Clean Power Research, and is in position to immediately compute the effective performance of any PV plant in the U.S. oSPARC now computes six Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to help investors understand performance risk:
- DC Power Rating – nameplate rating of the system
- Daily AC Energy – measured daily AC energy computed from measured performance data
- Daily GHI – measured daily global horizontal solar irradiance
- Yield (kWh/kWp) – ratio of Daily AC Energy to plant DC Power Rating
- Performance Ratio GHI – ratio of Daily AC Energy to Daily GHI
- Performance Ratio – ratio as defined by IEC 61724
To learn more about oSPARC, go to the oSPARC page, sign up here, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.