SunSpec SVP Dashboard
The SunSpec System Validation Platform (SVP) Dashboard is a Microsoft Windows application that enables visibility and control of SunSpec Modbus-enabled devices. The web browser-based interface leverages standardized SunSpec device information models and a web-service application program interface (API) for test harness integration, certification, and support activities. SunSpec SVP Dashboard offers the following benefits for product developers, software testers, and independent test labs:
- Reduces the time required to implement SunSpec Modbus interfaces.
- Tests SunSpec Modbus implementations for conformance to the standard.
- Quickly prepares your product for SunSpec Certification.
- Diagnoses SunSpec Certified multi-vendor hardware in the field.
(+) Plus Packs containing automated test suites are available to purchase as upgrades to the standard SunSpec SVP Dashboard license.
Access SunSpec SVP Dashboard
Current version: 2.3.1
In order to access SunSpec SVP Dashboard, you must be an active member of the SunSpec Alliance. To become a member, please click here.
1. Download and install SunSpec SVP Dashboard
2. Request SunSpec SVP Dashboard License
3. Update software with license activation key
The license activation key will be emailed to you.
4. Submit service, support, and technical feedback.
- The SunSpec Modbus for 1547 Automated Test Suite “Plus Pack” is now available to purchase for Members of the SunSpec Alliance.
- In order to submit the SVP Dashboard License request form, you will need to enter your unique SVP Dashboard ID. This can be in the application’s ‘Help’ menu under ‘About’.
- SunSpec SVP Dashboard is compatible with Windows 7 and above and supports the following browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Google Chrome.
SunSpec SVP Dashboard Features
SunSpec SVP Dashboard offers device interaction and ad hoc testing capabilities to assist product developers through the implementation process of a SunSpec Modbus-enabled device.
- Interact with SunSpec Modbus-enabled devices in real time with the ability to scan, discover information models and allow interaction with each information model’s content, including 700 series models.
- Automatically generate a Protocol Information Conformance Statement (PICS) for interrogated devices to support SunSpec certification submission.
- Full read/write support for SunSpec Modbus TCP and RTU.
- View precise SunSpec Modbus address and data contents for easy association between the SunSpec Modbus map and SunSpec model organization.
- Generate and store new vendor specific SunSpec information models.
- Generate custom SunSpec model reference documents in XLSX format.
- Create SunSpec information model definitions from XLSX spreadsheets.
Export SunSpec Modbus device images for archiving and diagnostic purposes.
Now Available: SunSpec Modbus for 1547 Plus Pack
Designed to support software developers and software test labs in preparing products for SunSpec Certification, SunSpec SVP Dashboard may be upgraded to include automated test suites for SunSpec Modbus-enabled devices. The following features are included in the SunSpec Modbus for 1547 Plus Pack:
- A profile for SunSpec Modbus 1547 Certification, including a complete SunSpec Modbus communication verification test that results in a SunSpec Certification mark.
- A test procedure for SunSpec Modbus for 1547 Certification (that references the IEEE 1547.1 interoperability test procedure) and a CA Rule 21 compliance test procedure.
- A test procedure for SunSpec Modbus Certification with the addition of a 1547.1 Interoperability test script.
Download the SunSpec SVP Dashboard Data Sheet for a complete overview of the features, benefits, and specifications.
Please use this guide for assistance during the SunSpec SVP Dashboard installation process:
For information about SunSpec Modbus 700 series models, please visit the SunSpec New Technology page:
Service and Support
As an early adopter of SunSpec SVP Dashboard, we request that you please provide your feedback and insights into the user experience of this application. Items to review include technical issues, the application web access and installation process, and the device interaction experience for read/write capabilities.