An overview of cybersecurity and authentication for solar and solar plus storage networks in the U.S.
Wednesday, May 8, 2019
- Tom Tansy, Chairman, SunSpec Alliance
- Ron Ih, Director, Business Development, Kyrio Security Solutions
- Jay Johnson, SANDIA
The SunSpec Alliance and Kyrio Webinar #1 covered the basics of cybersecurity and how to apply and deploy it in a public key infrastructure (PKI) environment. How can you use cybersecurity and PKI to maintain the integrity of a Distributed Energy Resources (DER) ecosystem? What are certificate policies and certificate authorities, and how do they help govern ecosystem compliance?
Webinar 2 of our series goes into the foundational elements of establishing a secure ecosystem for residential and commercial (behind the meter) solar and solar plus storage systems and how that ecosystem should be managed on an ongoing basis.
Attendees of this webinar will get answers to the following questions
- What is a certificate policy? How does it apply to the DER ecosystem including CA Rule 21?
- How does cybersecurity fit into ecosystem management?
- How do conformance and certification fit in with security?
- What is the proper way to coordinate policies, certification and security for long-term ecosystem governance?
Related DER Communication Protocols
- SunSpec Modbus
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) 2030.5/ Common Smart Inverter Profile (CSIP), the governing specification for the California Rule 21 tariff
- IEEE 1815
- International Electrotechnical Committee (IEC) 62351
Disclaimer: Registrants for the webinar series agree to receiving updates from SunSpec and its Official PKI Provider, Kyrio, related to SunSpec CertifiedTM and PKI services.